Saturday, March 18, 2017

What's To Come...

As the first week of this new blog is coming to a close, I am very thankful for the opportunity I have to post about Tennessee radio during the 1980s. Be sure you keep it on the website for airchecks and more.

As for what's to come on this site, I am going to mention a couple of things right off the bat.

Number 1, I am going to post some old bumper stickers from the Knoxville area. I recently acquired bumper stickers for WNKX ("Kix 95"), WTNZ-FM ("95.3 WTNZ"), WRJZ ("Joy 62") and even WIVK-AM/FM on eBay. And, I am in the process of acquiring more of these as time goes on. Watch for these bumper stickers at some point.

And number 2, I am going to include a few airchecks. One of the airchecks I'm including is an old WNOX aircheck from 1982 when the station was airing a country music format competing with WIVK and WNKX, the sister station to WNOX. Watch for the WNOX aircheck on Monday.

I hope all of you will have a good day ahead and let's continue to learn about Tennessee radio during the 1980s.

No comments:

Post a Comment