Sunday, March 12, 2017

Welcome to Tennessee Radio in the 1980s!

Hello to all! Derrick Lee Anderson here. I want to welcome all of you to my new blog devoted to Tennessee radio during the 1980s. This new blog will feature all things related to radio in Tennessee during the 1980s from radio airchecks to bumper stickers. I hope you'll find this blog to be very interesting to enjoy.

The idea of this new blog came to me while listening to an old aircheck of WLAF 1450 in LaFollette from 1983, a year before I was born. As an on-air personality on WLAF in LaFollette these days, I am amazed at how radio has become the greatest medium for music, news, advertising and weather in our present time. Local radio in the 1980s brought on new challenges, great innovations and exciting radio stations.

This new blog will showcase all things radio in Tennessee during the 1980s. From bumper stickers to radio airchecks, this new blog will have it all. We hope you'll enjoy this blog and we trust that you'll learn more about Tennessee radio during the 1980s.

No comments:

Post a Comment