Thursday, March 23, 2017

What's To Come... (March 24th edition)

This is week #2 of this brand new website and even though the site is only two weeks old, I will be posting more stuff periodically as time progresses.

As today is Friday, March 24th, there will be some more content coming to the website. It includes the following...

1 - Another set of vintage Knoxville bumper stickers from the 1980s. This set will include more WKGN bumper stickers as well as U-102 and WIMZ along the way. Watch for those soon.

2 - I am putting together a montage of Tennessee radio during the 1980s by way of audio clips I have downloaded from various sources. These clips are courtesy of Matthew Sittel, P. J. Dyer and FM DX: Recorded History. Plans are for the montage to be done this coming week, and will mainly include legal IDs.

That's what's to come for this week.

Before I end my post tonight, I want to mention that I am looking for vintage Tennessee radio bumper stickers from the 1980s as well as airchecks. Some stations that I am looking for include the following:

- WCKS Karns/Knoxville ("93 Kiss FM")
- WKJQ Jefferson City ("Q-99")
- WKNF Oak Ridge ("Magic 94")
- WYSH Clinton (AM 1380/FM 104.9)
- WQLA-FM LaFollette
- WTNZ Clinton/Knoxville ("Power 95")

If you have a vintage bumper sticker or aircheck of any Tennessee radio station, please email it to me at tennesseeradiointhe1980s@gmail.com.

I hope all of you have a good night and keep watching the site for more material.

No comments:

Post a Comment